2017 Pack 446 Overall Speed Champion!!!
Christopher Rogers....Yes he is a Tiger!!
2015 Pack 446 Overall Speed Champion
Race Location - Life Point Church, Morehead City
5058 Hwy 70 West Morehead City NC 28557
Schedule of Events
3pm Weigh In and Car Inspection
4pm Pack racing Starts
Recognitions are awarded at completion of racing!
There will be refreshments available, please come hungry!
Pack 446 Pinewood Derby
1) Width Overall width shall not exceed 2 ¾ inches
2) Length Overall length shall not exceed 7 inches
3) Weight Weight shall not exceed 5 ounces. No lose material of any kind is permitted on the car. The car may be hollowed out and built up to the maximum weight and size, providing it is securely built into the body. If an item drops off of the car during the event, except for the wheels, the item will not be replaced.
4) Wheel Bearings Washers and bushings are prohibited.
5) Springing The car shall not ride on any type of springs.
6) Attachments The car must be free-wheeling with no starting devices.
7) Materials Materials from the “Official Grand Prix Derby Kit” (wood block, 4 wheels, and 4 nails) must be used. You may add items as long as rules #1through #6 are observed. No 1 piece axles will be allowed
8) Wheel Base Wheel base is determined by the grooves designed by the manufacturer of the kit. The wheel base will not be reduced or extended. The grooves are not allowed to be moved or relocated. You must use the grooves given.
9) Wheels Wheels may be sanded to remove seams but not to change the surface area. Do not sand the wheels too thin or they may crack. Only BSA Wheels can be used.
10) Car Car must be built from the “Grand Prix Derby Kit” this year (2015). No rework of previous year’s cars will be allowed.
11) Work Work on the car should be primarily that of the boy, with guidance and help of an adult where required.
12) Contestant The Cub Scout who built the car must be present in order for the car to count.
13) Judges All decisions of the judges will be final.
14) Lubricants Only dry lubricants (Teflon, powdered silicon, baby powder, graphite) may be used as a lubricant. The Pack should provide lubricant for their boys. The contestants may lubricate wheels only before their car goes to inspection. Once a car passes inspection nothing else may be done to the car (this includes lubricants!). Violation of this rule may result in disqualification of the contestant.
2014 Pinewood Derby Speed Champ
Den 3 Wolf Alex Kies!!!